August 31, 2007
Does the title of this article excite you? Is it the word “weekend getaway” making your heart skip a beat or is it Pataudi palace?
Cricket fans and Indian movie buffs already know what to expect here but those who are unfamiliar with this lineage of royalty will get a short but interesting history behind this name “Pataudi.”
Pataudi palace belongs to the Indian cricketing legend and royal scion, Nawab Mansur Ali Khan. He is nicknamed as “Tiger” amongst his cricket fans. But he is a true Nawab in every way. You are just in awe when you see him. This palace was built by Nawab Ibrahim Ali Khan, his father and the ruler of the princely state of Pataudi in Haryana, India. This palace was designed by Heinz in 1935.
If this pinch of history has intrigued you then you have no idea what is in store for you. The palace is 60 km from Delhi that is about one and half hours drive.
The regality of the structure, the manicured lawns, majestic pillars and the appealing serenity makes you wonder if this is almost the feeling of being in heaven. Inside, the smooth flooring, high ceilings, the huge drapes and upholstery may catch your attention if only you could get over pinching yourself and realize that you are really staying where the blue bloods once lived.
This is a heritage hotel managed by Neemrana Hotel group. You can relish all the luxuries that you always dreamed off with the exquisite Nawabi cuisine which has a blend of Bhopal-Rampur flavors.
Talking a stroll around the palace gardens, watching peacocks roam freely with the blue laundered sky in the backdrop is truly an experience that should be taken in first hand. When you recline on the four-poster beds or soak in the old fashioned marble baths, you really will feel transcended to the ages gone by.
There is a photo gallery which has historic pictures of Nawab Mansur Ali Khan’s marriage to the well-known film actress Sharmila Tagore. Their son Saif Ali Khan and daughter Soha Ali Khan are familiar faces in the Indian movie industry as well.
So if you always had the urge to know what it would feel like to be royalty, this is as close it can get.
©Nayna, 2007. All Rights Reserved.
August 31, 2007
Shopping is a lot of fun and so is visiting the supermarket. It can be a refreshing change. But some people are not very enthusiastic about it. It can be interesting if you look for the right things to eat. It is here, you decide your destiny of how much weight you will be able to lose in a week… Surprised? Don’t be…
How To Shop Smartly And Enjoy A Healthy Weight Loss
1) Shopping List: This prevents impulse buying and also acts as a reminder of the things that need refilling. It can be organized and categorized isle-wise.
2) Shop On A Full Stomach: If you are hungry and shop at the supermarket then chances are you will spend more than your budget. You will find everything enticing and will have no control over your food intake.
3) Choose Wisely: Supermarkets always have different varieties of brands. This helps you select the products of your choice. So choose whole wheat products over refined ones. Select fresh vegetables over frozen ones, fresh fruits and not the canned ones, high fibre breakfast cereals which have oats instead of sugary treats etc.
4) Read Labels: This is extremely crucial because it helps you lose weight. Keep an eye out for partially hydrogenated oils (the dreaded trans fats), saturated fat, cholesterol, and foods with excess sodium and sugar.
5) Shop Alone: Managing children at the supermarket can be difficult, not because they want a ride in the shopping cart but because they tend to grab the cookies and candies. As they get a little older, the cart will be filled with junk food. You won’t be able to say “No” to everything and in the end agree to some of it. In this way, the children too get into the habit of eating unhealthy foods.
If you are able to curb your shopping then it will be easier to lose weight because you won’t be buying any high calorific food items to satisfy your untimely hunger pangs. When you feel like having something sweet, try a bowl of fresh fruits with low fat yogurt instead of a tub of ice cream. Instead of cheesy dips with chips, munch on fresh crunchy green salads. Shopping wisely is the key to losing weight. This will keep you motivated and help you shed the excess fat away.
©Nayna, 2007. All Rights Reserved.
August 30, 2007
The gateway to the physical and spirit realms is known as vortex. This can be present in our homes and we may not even be aware of it. Seasoned psychics and mediums can point out where they are located especially in houses or flats where paranormal activity is extremely high.
These vortices are known to be present in flats or houses where people have tinkered with the Ouija board. Ignorant users do it for a kick and then open the unknown portal through which dark forces come out and encourage other lower hellish level souls to come in freely. Then they play havoc and mess the minds and physical conditions of the people residing there.
Mirrors are also known to be gateways to the other side and can work both ways from either sides provided one knows how to channel it correctly and then close it. There are many people who believe in this and always cover their bedroom mirrors with a towel before bedtime. Some even avoid having mirror patterns or designs on their head boards. Others make sure that their bed’s reflection doesn’t fall on the mirror or their body or feet when they sleep at night.
Some people may ridicule such notions and call it superstitious. But just because we have had the good fortune not to experience such dreaded creatures then we should learn to accept sound advice. That is my personal belief.
Vortices do exist just that we cannot see them with our naked eye. Some paranormal researchers class vortex along with orbs as manifestations of spirits. Vortices can sometimes appear as anomalous whirlwind-shaped objects on photographs taken in many active areas of haunted locations.
©Nayna, 2007-2008. All Rights Reserved.