June 26, 2009
Feng Shui is a mammoth subject to comprehend and there are individuals who specialize in this field of study. But what we are trying to achieve here is to understand some basics so that we can use feng shui to harmonize our home and workplace. This feng shui advice is practical and cost effective. One can almost call this feng shui for dummies.
To bring about harmony and balance in the surroundings, we will first need to understand that by removing the negative energy, we can channelize the path for positivity. The following tips can be used for home, home office and workplace of any shape and size.
Feng Shui Tips For Home, Home Office And Workplace
1) Feng shui principles give a lot of importance to the positive or good energy called ch’i. Placing articles or objects in a specific direction can bring about instant results. The energy is able to flow smoothly, harmonizing the surrounding and with it the people.
2) A simple step in bringing harmony is making sure that all the toilet seats are closed after use. Similarly bathrooms and toilet doors too should always be kept shut. By practicing this, you prevent the good energy from leaving your home and entering the drainage system.
3) If you work from home and have a home office, make sure that you are not seated with your back to the door. When you are working with concentration and someone walks in, the chances are your chain of thoughts gets interrupted and it can even startle you. This automatically displaces the harmony of the mind and reflects badly on your work. You can change the direction of your work area and if that is not possible then you can place a mirror in front. This way your eye can automatically capture anyone tiptoeing in and out of your room.
4) Clutter in any form robs the harmony. A cluttered desk causes irritation, confusion and in turn low productivity which gives rise to stress. Make sure your desk is neatly arranged and the papers and files organized systematically.
5) Maintenance of your home is essential. Creaky door and window hinges, squeaky door knobs, burnt out light bulbs should be looked into. A little bit of grease or even applying cooking oil at the joints of hinges makes them smooth and noiseless. These things distract you and silently steal the good energy of the home.
6) Wind chimes work wonders. Their tingling and soothing jingle reduces stress levels and brings about happiness.
This easy feng shui guide is only a tip of the iceberg of the vast field of science of the ancient Chinese.
©Nayna, 2007-2009. All Rights Reserved.
June 22, 2009
We all want and at times need a good friend. So what is the definition of a good friend? What does it take to maintain a good friendship?
Qualities Of A Good Friend
1) A person who understands where you are coming from. He or she knows you intellectually and emotionally.
2) A good friend is that person who you can lean on and count on in your hour of need.
3) He or she will stand by you no matter what.
4) He or she will always advice you and guide you on the right path. Your best interest will be always on their mind.
5) Your good friend and you will not be competing with each other rather encouraging one another to excel in everything that you undertake.
6) It is a give and take relationship.
7) A good friend treats you with respect and cares for your well-being. He doesn’t starve you on a road trip or leave you in the middle of the road in an unknown city only to teach you a lesson in self-reliance.
8) He or she is not jealous of your success or monetary position.
9) A real friendship doesn’t waiver with the interference of other people.
10) A good, honest friendship lasts a lifetime.
People connect anywhere and become great pals. Sometimes online friends can also become best of friends provided their identity is real and you are not depending on their online avatar for honesty. There are others who have a knack of talking and they are very open-minded. They can connect easily with people and create a bond instantly, regardless of age or any language barriers.
How To Maintain Friendships
1) To have a friend, one needs to be a friend first.
2) To maintain any connection with a person, you have to make time for the other person. Make plans regularly to spend time together.
3) Choosing the right friend is very important. Everyone cannot be your close and best friend.
4) Most people avoid being friends because they are afraid of rejection. There is no harm in trying to understand another person. Plan an outing or watch sports together, see how well you get along and then take it from there.
5) Small actions make a big deal in friendship. It could be noticing your friend’s new hairstyle or the fact that she is looking slimmer.
You don’t have to overdo things to please anyone but small attention to detail really help in bonding.
6) Learn to be a good listener.
7) Remember birthdays. If you know he/she is going for a job interview, call them in advance and wish them good luck. A little support in this manner gives a boost to the friendship.
8) Loyalty plays an important role in all human relations. Be it a romantic relationship or marriage. In friendship too, never criticize, gossip or discuss topics that are close and personal. Things that have been disclosed to you shouldn’t leave your lips.
Friendship is an important bond to cherish and managing it initially does require some amount of work. But once an understanding and trust develops then you will truly understand the true value of an unselfish connection.
©Nayna, 2007-2009. All Rights Reserved.
June 19, 2009
There are many ways to build a business online. The success and growth of any online business depends on a variety of factors. The key ingredient in a profitable business startup is its unique idea, the execution of the idea and promotion.
Marketing plays a key role in any business module and more so if it is an online business. Whether the business is selling household products, books and magazine or even copywriting skills, everything requires the right type of marketing to attract the potential customer and reader.
For any online business startup some amount of investment is needed. It could be in the form of buying a domain name, hiring people to do the designing of the website, logo designing, content writing and so on.
Many online businesses fail because they are unable to drive traffic to their website. Today new emerging websites follow SEO marketing techniques to direct traffic. Their website’s content is made rich by using creative inputs from SEO writers. Original content is extremely crucial for getting a valuable standing in the vast world of the internet. The following are some tips that will help to create a successful online business.
1) Focus on your business niche. This gives your business an individuality that separates it from the rest.
2) Setup bulletin board service.
3) Answer all email queries at the earliest.
4) Make sure the content of your website doesn’t offend anyone.
5) Avoid being biased or say anything negative about your competitors.
6) Join online communities that offer free downloads and extend those freebies to your customers.
7) Setup regular contests and offer prizes.
8) Maintain good rapport with your readers as they will then genuinely share the good and bad points about your products.
9) Make sure the website is always well managed and there are no broken links.
10) Join affiliate programs that match your business profile.
11) Create voting polls and questionnaires.
12) Join web rings that share similar products and business modules.
13) Setup a helpline in the form of a chat room where customers can interact and get solutions instantly. It could be simple things like tracking an order or discussing how to solve any software glitches.
14) Excellent service is always appreciated and word of mouth recommendation is great for any business.
15) Post recommendation letters of satisfied customers and readers. This will develop excellent credibility for your website.
16) Start a newsletter. This will inform the potential customer of your latest products and acts a sales pitch that guarantees repeat customers.
17) Place ads on other newsletters for more exposure.
18) Maintain a blog for direct interaction with subscribers.
19) Use well-written signature ad at the end of your email messages.
20) Stay focused on your business. Never lose hope and maintain a positive online image.
©Nayna, 2007-2009. All Rights Reserved.