Benefits Of Adding Mushroom In Your Diet
July 28, 2007
Mushroom, fungus or toadstool are some of the names used to denote the soft, little puff ball which is favored by gourmets for its unique taste and flavor. But there are many who disagree and stay away from it. Here are some of the benefits of adding mushroom in your diet, maybe after reading this, some of you may give it another shot.
1) Researches have indicated that out of 38,000 species of mushrooms, 700 of them are edible and 270 have therapeutic values in them.
2) Button mushrooms are fairly common. Maitake, Shiitake and Reishi are known to have higher healing value. They are all rich in nutrients.
3) Mushrooms are low in calories, cholesterol free, high in protein, full of vitamins and fibre.
4) They are probiotic and helps in building resistance.
5) The zinc content is high in mushrooms which assist in maintaining normal white blood cells and other immune functions.
6) They are easily digestible and cure various stomach ailments.
Mushrooms taste wonderful when sauté or added to steamed vegetables, soups, salads, appetizers etc. They add variety to the diet along with several health benefits.
So enjoy adding mushrooms in your diet today and feel the difference.
©Nayna, 2007. All Rights Reserved.