Eucalyptus Oil Uses And Benefits
December 18, 2009
The aroma of eucalyptus oil brings a sense of relief to our senses. But that is not all what this special healing tree can do for mankind. Eucalyptus Globulus is a tall tree which originated from Australia, Tasmania and India. It is also known as Nilgiri tree, fever tree and blue gum tree.
Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil:
1) Few drops of eucalyptus oil in a steam inhaler relieve sinus, nasal congestion and bronchitis. If you are pressed for time, add few drops of this oil in your handkerchief and breathe deeply. It will prevent wheezing, coughing and blocked nose. Eucalyptus lozenges are readily available in leading stores to smoothen an irritated throat and constant cough.
2) This essential oil acts as an antibacterial agent and is successfully used to treat cuts, burns, minor scrapes, insect bites and stings. It is always essential to keep this oil handy as you may never know when you would need it.
3) Dental hygiene is best maintained with eucalyptus oil. There are many varieties of toothpastes and mouthwashes that use this oil in their product to keep gums healthy and fight plaque, tooth decay and gingivitis.
4) Feeling feverish? Before you pop pills, make sure you take a whiff of this oil or apply it on your forehead to keep the temperature down.
5) Fungal infections like athletes foot can be curbed with this therapeutic eucalyptus oil.
6) Dandruff and scalp infections are rectified if this oil is regularly massaged gently into the scalp. Many anti dandruff shampoos in the market add this in their list of ingredients.
7) Body massage oils contain eucalyptus oil which works wonders for relaxation along with increasing concentration and alertness. It is frequently used in aromatherapy oils, lotions and creams.
8) This oil is also used in room fresheners to perk up the environment.
9) It is widely used in mosquito repellants in mat and liquid form.
10) The leaves from this tree are used as tea leaves. Eucalyptus tea is a medicinal, healing and an organic tea that cures many ailments.
Eucalyptus is an essential oil and is usually mixed with henna and used by women in many parts of the world to create beautiful designs and patterns on their palms, hands and legs. This oil enhances the rich color of the henna and emits a refreshing fragrance.
So the next time, you need a quick fix for a blocked nose, you now know what to do. People from the ancient civilizations always used eucalyptus oil in their daily living. They knew how to be one with nature and utilize such trees for its medicinal properties. Now if only the new generation can take their lead and help to save the environment.
©Nayna, 2007-2009. All Rights Reserved.