Fruit And Vegetable Juices-Homemade Health Drinks
August 4, 2007
With the changing lifestyle, people always are on the lookout for health drinks so that they can boost their immune system, look trim and feel energetic. Instead of spending a lot of money and time tasting various health drinks and supplements available in the market, one can make such nutritive drinks right at home.
Researches state that fresh fruit and vegetable juices provide vitamins, minerals, enzymes in abundance. They contain antioxidants which has excellent health benefits.
How do fruit and vegetable juices help the body?
1) Fruit and vegetable juices act as fillers and prevent snacking in between meals.
2) The antioxidants, vitamins and minerals clear the skin and make it radiant and glowing.
3) They are good detoxifiers, cleansing the digestive system like the liver and kidneys.
4) They aid in weight loss.
5) Boosts the immune system and prevents from various ailments.
6) Fruit and vegetable juices are easily digestible and given to those ailing with digestive disorders, nausea, poor appetite etc.
7) The fibre in the juices helps to prevent constipation.
8 ) The American Journal of Medicine states that drinking fruit and vegetable juices cuts the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
How are fresh fruit and vegetable juices prepared at home better than the ones in the market?
Fresh juices blended at home are fresher. When consumed with the pulp, it is a rich source of fibre and essential nutrients. The bottled or canned juices are treated with preservatives to prolong the shelf life. This can destroy the vitamins and minerals. While processing, the juice is added with color, sugar and other flavorings which only enhances the taste but doesn’t do much for the body. They tend to have more calories than the homemade juices.
Tips To Keep In Mind While Preparing Homemade Health Drinks
1) Enjoy juices with pulp. Do not strain it. The pulp contains the main ingredients of the health drink.
2) Drink juices as soon as they are prepared otherwise due to oxidation many of them lose their nutritional value.
3) These drinks ideally should be consumed at room temperature but they can be refrigerated maximum up to thirty minutes.
4) Combine fruits and vegetables together and create your unique flavor to titillate the taste buds.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are available in abundance. These are excellent sources of natural nutrients. It is time that we look into our own kitchen and churn out health drinks and add richness in our daily diet.
©Nayna, 2007. All Rights Reserved.