How To Manage Your Weight During Festivals Like Diwali, Christmas, Holidays And Thanksgiving
October 31, 2007
Going on a diet is hard and sticking to it is even harder. It is worst when there are celebrations around the corner and everyone is eating and expecting you to join in.
You don’t want to be a spoilsport and don’t want to indulge either. Wouldn’t it be hurting your relatives and friends feelings? But your hard labor for months will shatter with the huge lavish lunches and dinners. Feeling helpless with this dilemma? Don’t be.
Here are some tips to help you manage your weight during festivals like Diwali, Christmas, Holidays and Thanksgiving:
1) Start by explaining to your immediate family and close knit group how important it is for you to stick to your diet. Seeing your determination will make them feel proud. Tell them that you will be eating but you will be monitoring your portions. Many families have a habit of force feeding their guests. “You must try this, it is a family recipe.” Before you know a big lard of a pie is dumped on your plate.
2) When the dessert platter is passed, take sometime off and say, you will try it in a while because you are full. If the sweets are too tempting then you can drink a glass of water so that you are full and can indulge in only one. Or you can take a piece and sit with it, nibbling slowly while the rest are getting up for refills. You can just smile and say. “Its really creamy and rich, I want to savor every bite.”
3) If you are invited to a dinner get together, then after eating few bites, make sure that you compliment the hostess for the food. This will cover up for the foods that you will not be eating. You have got her attention that you liked her cooking. Later if you choose not to eat much, it will go unnoticed.
4) There are some friends who are really jealous of your weight loss. They will try their best to sabotage your efforts. So be assertive but not aggressive. Avoid creating tension in the festive environment.
5) Never give in to what others will think. It is your body and you have the right to decide what you want inside it. You health and well-being comes first and then the rest of the world.
Here is another article to support you incase you have given into temptations during the festive season- Are You Guilty Of Overindulging During Festivals Like Diwali, Christmas, Holidays And Thanksgiving? Learn How To Shed The Excess Weight.
©Nayna, 2007. All Rights Reserved.