Weight Watchers Guide
May 27, 2007
People worry about their weight loss and when they are successful at it then they are stressed again. Now managing the lost weight is a new hurdle in their path. Every morsel of food that they intake, makes them wonder, “I hope I don’t get back to my old size.” Here are some simple techniques to manage your weight.
1) Never skip breakfast. This is extremely crucial as the body is resting for eight hours and needs some source of energy to recharge. The breakfast could include a bowl of fresh fruits, cereal or muesli, wheat toast and so on. If you are in hurry, then a glass of milk or even munching on some fruit on your way to work can be done.
2) Spacing meals correctly and not over eating in one of them. This is a common problem. We may eat a very heavy lunch and then decide to avoid eating in the evening or may skip lunch and eat a very heavy dinner. Ideally one should have 5-6 small meals in a day. If you are able to do this then you will automatically avoid super sized portions and eat in moderation.
3) The small meals that you space throughout the day could include fresh fruits or juices, smoothies, vegetable juices, wheat crackers with some variety of soup, salads, and fruit yoghurts. You can slice cucumber, carrots, celery sticks and make dip of non-fat yoghurt with a dash of spices and fresh herbs. The simple foods at times are more nutritious than elaborate meals.
4) Eating out occasionally is fine as long as you know how to break the chain of eating junk food. High-calorie foods do pamper the taste buds but then in the long run add empty calories which will take away all the effort that you have put in.
5) Sometimes the mind can play tricks and one may think that they are hungry while actually they are thirsty. A glass of water can ease that hunger. Consume plenty of water and avoid aerated beverages and sweetened sodas.
6) Some form of physical activity is crucial as they help to maintain the weight. Brisk walking or even stair climbing helps to some extent. There are always sports like tennis, racket ball, basket ball, cycling apart from the gym. Those who prefer running in parks or on the beach should have a pedometer to know how much they can accomplish in a day and keep a record to monitor their progress.
Living a healthy life needs planning and implementation. If this becomes a routine then the effort needed becomes miniscule. Loving yourself and enjoying what life has to offer can be cherished for years when life is structured to a perfect balance.
©Nayna, 2007. All Rights Reserved.