March 1, 2010
We all would love to travel given an opportunity, with an unending supply of money, without a care in the world for anyone’s feelings or responsibilities. Unfortunately, not all of us have been entitled to this kind of luxury and good fortune.
Earning a decent income, fulfilling the basic requirements, managing a family takes a toll from the one source of income. Saving from that income to go for a luxurious vacation is unimaginable. But the desire to go for a holiday still lingers and that has given rise to alternate means of traveling.
Budget travel to Europe has gained a lot of popularity in recent times. While budget travel to India too has its charm but most international visitors tend to be skeptical. Backpacking is also an alternate way to travel if you have an adventurous bone in your body.
A lot of budget travel magazines offer a variety of destinations with exciting offers. Budget airlines, budget hotels and budget travel online websites surely lure a lot of stressed customers but the key is to find the right one.
Many people get cheated each year when they land at the destination and find out that things are not what it seems to be. What was shown in the brochure was not a reality and at times it is impossible to get a refund of the money.
Budget Travel Tips
1) Find out the background of the tour operator and their operation procedure.
2) Check with reviews online about the company and the number of happy customers.
3) Read about the destination that you wish to travel. If the package tour operator is taking you off season at a low price, understand what the reasons are. Most of the time, they plan winter packages which is not always a feasible option. You could be stranded at the airport due to bad weather and will lose out on days of the tour.
4) Always have a backup option if the tour operator has decided to call it quits. Surviving in a new city with strangers and not speaking the language can be difficult. Running out of money or political events can also pose a grave danger especially if you are traveling alone or accompanied with children.
5) Compare the prices and benefits of every budget holiday plan that a tour operator offers.
6) You may not always require a tour package to enjoy a budget holiday. You can use their facilities to get the visa done and book your flight but the hotel stay and sightseeing can be done on your own. For that a little bit of time should be taken to research and gather relevant information.
We all want to take a break from our mundane, hectic life but selecting the right means to enjoy the vacation within a limited budget is most crucial. A holiday should not be a nightmare but a journey to be cherished and shared with your loved ones.
©Nayna, 2007-2010. All Rights Reserved.