A Practical Guide To Buying Gifts
November 5, 2008
Buying gifts is an art. Unlike window shopping or impulsive buying, purchasing a gift requires understanding and thoughtfulness. If you skip that then rest assured your gift could be passed on to someone else.
The best way to build relationships is by gifting the right things. Most people prefer buying safe gifts which are universally accepted like chocolates, photo frames, coffee mugs and gift vouchers. Learn to think of out of the box. Here is a practical guide on how to buy the right gift.
1) Jot down the qualities of the person to whom you are planning to buy a gift. He could be your brother, a friend, a colleague or boss. Think if he would like golf clubs or would rather prefer tinkering with a gadget. Tickets to a sold out game works well with colleagues. Brothers may prefer the latest mobile phone, laptop or even a trendy watch. Options are unlimited so make sure you understand what will get them excited the most.
2) Holiday gifts are best suited for special and close friends. Spa treatment vouchers, weekend getaway packages, tickets for an upcoming concert or even home-baked cake can add a loving touch.
3) For your environmentally conscious buddy, you can gift him a basket of organic fruits, folders made from recycled paper and so on.
4) Gifts for kids also need attention. Find out their age before your purchase. Books, educational gadgets, DIY kits, clay and paints work well with younger age groups.
5) Jewelry makes perfect gifts for most women. Gifting a birthstone embedded in a pendant, ring or bracelet can go extremely well with your girlfriend or partner. A personalized compiled CD of all your favorite love songs can also add magic.
6) Classic jewelry will be loved by mothers and a string of pearls will be appreciated by aunts. For sisters and cousins you can go for aromatherapy kits, body care hampers which contain lotions, shower gels, body butter, manicure and pedicure sets.
7) Make sure you add a personalized note with every gift.These are some general tips on how to buy gifts. Make it a point to buy the gift based on the person’s tastes and needs. A thoughtful gift is always appreciated and the person gifting it is remembered fondly.
©Nayna, 2007-2008. All Rights Reserved.